Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Off to the Races!



What better way to celebrate Christmas than to go to the Camel Races! C had some shopping to do so I joined a family in driving out to 'camel city' and tried to catch one of the races. We missed it by a few minutes, but we had a great time. Here's what I noticed about Camel Racing:
--no human jockeys
--small robotic arms are attached to the camels and whips them as they run around the track
--no grand stands...you drive in a car around the race track honking for your favorite camel I admit that I had a good laugh about this one!
--mostly local men out at the race track

Now that we know our way out to the camel track, I can bring my mother-in-law, Glenda out here when she visits us later this month. I'm sure that's what she will want to see after flying in an airplane for almost 18 hours.