Monday, July 28, 2008

Mountain Views

Sitting in a cafe called, "The Chuckwagon", C & I are enjoying Chai shakes while viewing the mountain range outside the huge glass windows. The sky is crystal blue with scattered white 'poofy clouds' providing a magnificent backdrop to the mountain range filled with Aspen, Pine, and other mountainous trees. I would try to name them, but let's be honest. The only reason I know they are Pine and Aspen trees is due to the signs in front of them! We were both surprised in the local Starbuck's to reunite with former friends while trying to order our afternoon treats. This world really is too small!
The weather is amazing and last night's sunset over the mountains was just what the doctor ordered. The perfect viewpoint? Sitting on a porch swing overlooking a lake. C took off early this morning for a bike ride around our R&R spot before we went for a morning walk. The morning was topped off with our favorite BIG breakfast--mega omelette with biscuits and gravy. Guess I'll need to do some extra walking after that morning feast.
My friends and family have joked about my 'schedule' and how planned our summer holiday has been thus far. After visiting 2 states and family and friends on both sides of our families, we are taking 4 days off to do absolutely NOTHING! And I'm in need of nothing right now, due to the constant travel, change of homes and faces. The downfall of wanting to spend vast amounts of time with so many people, is that I oftentimes choose to catch up with their lives rather than hunker down with my Book and journal. I told C that I was craving time in the 50+ year old manicured garden with waterfalls. It's time to reflect, regroup, and be thankful for all He has been teaching me the past few months.

We've taking fun snaps during our travels and will post as soon as they are downloaded.

Points to Praise:
--turned in our rental car in order to borrow my Aunt's truck for the remainder of our time!
--NO flat tires, accidents, thefts, or major wrong turns ( a few diversions here and there)
--the gift of reuniting and strengthening friendships even after being away for 11 months
--the blessing of family that understands our desire and calling to live overseas
--time to relax and prepare for another year of cultivating desert terrain